Who is John Kenneth GalbraithJohn Kenneth Galbraith (October 15, 1908 – April 29, 2006), also known as Ken Galbraith, was a Canadian-American economist, diplomat, public official, and intellectual. His books on economic topics were bestsellers from the 1950s through the 2000s. As an economist, he leaned toward post-Keynesian economics from an institutionalist perspective.Galbraith was a long-time Harvard faculty member and stayed with Harvard University for half a century as a professor of economics. He was a prolific author and wrote four dozen books, including several novels, and published more than a thousand articles and essays on various subjects. Among his works was a trilogy on economics, American Capitalism (1952), The Affluent Society (1958), and The New Industrial State (1967). Some of his work has been c...
Read Full Biography of John Kenneth Galbraith
John Kenneth Galbraith Poems
Top 10 most used topics by John Kenneth Galbraith
John Kenneth Galbraith Quotes
- By all but the pathologically romantic, it is now recognized that this is not the age of the small man.
- In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong with the majority than to be right alone.
- Politics is the art of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.
- Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.
- There is certainly no absolute standard of beauty. That precisely is what makes its pursuit so interesting.
Comments about John Kenneth GalbraithJwilliamcupp: politics is not the art of the possible. it consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable. -john kenneth galbraith-
Callherleo: ♥️ i think i’m going to take a break from any artwork tonight and start this instead. i may have found it in the “history’s worst hits section.” :) the great crash 1929: galbraith, john kenneth: 9780547248165:
Dkellercmt: "if people are sufficiently persuaded of their own wizardry or that of others, they and their money will be separated." -john kenneth galbraith
Supermode_: “the function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.” - john kenneth galbraith
Taobanker: "the process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled." john kenneth galbraith
Read All Comments