Who is Jane Taylor...
Read Full Biography
Jane Taylor Poems
--A COSTLY good ; that none e'er bought or sold
For gem, or pearl, or miser's store, twice told :
Save certain watery pearls, possessed by all,
Which, one by one, may buy it as they fall. ...
- The World In The House
PILGRIMS who journey in the narrow way,
Should go as little cumbered as they may.
'Tis heavy sailing with a freighted ship ;
'Tis pleasant travelling with a staff and scrip. ...
IN yonder red-brick mansion, tight and square,
Just at the town's commencement, lives the mayor.
Some yards of shining gravel, fenced with box,
Lead to the painted portal--where one knocks : ...
In an elegant frock, trimm'd with beautiful lace,
And hair nicely curl'd, hanging over her face,
Young Fanny went out to the house of a friend,
With a large little party the evening to spend. ...
YE powers fantastic ! goblin, sylph and fay,
Whose subtle forms no laws material sway ;
Ethereal essences, that dart and glide
Wherever pleasure or caprice may guide ; ...
Top 10 most used topics by Jane TaylorAway 20 Never 17 Good 13 Pleasure 13 Light 13 Bright 12 Time 12 Heart 11 Mind 11 Long 11
Jane Taylor Quotes
Comments about Jane Taylor
- Nathanielr: today in cinema history
- Irlalien_twt: you belong with me by taylor swift is just girl next door by saving jane but worse
- Micah_gleason: jane austen hive: gwyneth paltrow emma vs anya taylor joy emma please discuss
- Muhammadtay_yab: jane taylor was an english poet and novelist. she wrote the words to the song "twinkle, twinkle, little star", which is widely known, but it is generally forgotten who wrote it.
- Lindyli: i ran for congress as a 25 year old because of sandy hook, naively believing that america was ready for common sense gun safety laws marjorie taylor greene makes me ill, desecrating the lives of 20 children & 6 teachers how is someone like her in congress? breaks my damn heart