Who is Isabella Valancy CrawfordIsabella Valancy Crawford (25 December 1846 – 12 February 1887) was an Irish-born Canadian writer and poet. She was one of the first Canadians to make a living as a freelance writer.
"Crawford is increasingly being viewed as Canada's first major poet." She is the author of "Malcolm's Katie," a poem that has achieved "a central place in the canon of nineteenth-century Canadian poetry."
Life Isabella Valancy Crawford was the last surviving daughter of Dr. Stephen Crawford. She was born in Dublin, Ireland on Christmas Day, 1846. The family emigrated to Canada when she was ten years of age.
Much of Isabella Crawford's early life is unknown. By her own account she was born in Dublin, Ireland, the sixth daughter of Dr. Stephen Dennis Crawfor...
Read Full Biography
Isabella Valancy Crawford Poems
- My Ain Bonnie Lass O' The Glen.
Ae blink o' the bonnie new mune,
Ay tinted as sune as she's seen,
Wad licht me to Meg frae the toun,
Tho' mony the brae-side between: ...
- Bite Deep And Wide, O Axe, The Tree!
'BITE deep and wide, O Axe, the tree!
What doth thy bold voice promise me?'
'I promise thee all joyous things ...
- The Farmer's Daughter Cherry
The Farmer quit what he was at,
The bee-hive he was smokin':
He tilted back his old straw hat--
Says he, 'Young man, you're jokin'! ...
- His Wife And Baby
In the lone place of the leaves,
Where they touch the hanging eaves,
There sprang a spray of joyous song that sounded sweet and sturdy;
And the baby in the bed ...
- A Battle
SLOWLY the Moon her banderoles of light
Unfurls upon the sky; her fingers drip
Pale, silvery tides; her armoured warriors
Leave Day's bright tents of azure and of gold, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Isabella Valancy CrawfordRed 61 Heart 55 White 53 High 51 I Love You 51 Love 51 Silver 49 Sun 47 Bright 46 Sky 45
Isabella Valancy Crawford Quotes
Comments about Isabella Valancy Crawford
- Book_addict: happy birthday to irish-born canadian writer/poet isabella valancy crawford (december 25,1850), author of "old spookses' pass..." (1884) et al.
- Lieselotte2604: for me as thee, all earth is past! late loved--well loved, now let us go!' by isabella valancy crawford
- Readmorewomen: isabella valancy crawford . writer
- Book_addict: happy birthday to irish-born canadian writer/poet isabella valancy crawford (december 25,1850, author of "old spookses' pass..." (1884) et al.
- Tkmorin: isabella valancy crawford was an irish-canadian writer and poet. on this day in 1850, she was born in dublin, irela...