Who is Henry Austin Dobson
1911 portrait of Dobson by Frank Brooks Henry Austin Dobson (18 January 1840 – 2 September 1921), commonly Austin Dobson, was an English poet and essayist.
Life He was born at Plymouth, the eldest son of George Clarisse Dobson, a civil engineer, of French descent. When he was about eight, the family moved to Holyhead, and his first school was at Beaumaris in Anglesey. He was later ed...
Read Full Biography
Henry Austin Dobson Poems
- An April Pastoral
He. Whither away, fair Neat-herdess?
She. Shepherd, I go to tend my kine.
He. Stay thou, and watch this flock of mine.
She. With thee? Nay, that were idleness. ...
- The Passionate Printer To His Love
(Whose name is Amanda.)
With Apologies to the Shade of Christopher Marlowe.
- A Revolutionary Relic
Old it is, and worn and battered,
As I lift it from the stall;
And the leaves are frayed and tattered,
And the pendent sides are shattered, ...
- Tu Quoque, An Idyll In The Conservatory
If I were you, when ladies at the play, Sir,
Beckon and nod, a melodrama through,
I would not turn abstractedly away, Sir, ...
- The Successful Author
When Fate presents us with the Bays,
We prize the Praiser, not the Praise.
We scarcely think our Fame eternal
If vouched for by the Farthing Journal; ...
Top 10 most used topics by Henry Austin DobsonLong 23 Thought 17 Beneath 17 Clear 17 Head 16 Good 16 Young 16 Great 16 True 16 Book 15
Henry Austin Dobson Quotes
Comments about Henry Austin Dobson
- Umadlpisani: “time goes, you say? ah, no! alas, time stays, we go.” henry austin dobson
- Vpotapczuk: per wikipedia - "fountain of time, or simply time, is a sculpture by lorado zadok taft, measuring 126 feet 10 inches in length." apparently, it's "inspired by henry austin dobson's poem 'paradox of time'..100 figures pass before father time". have found this photo on the internet
- Bobclimko: "love comes unseen; we only see it go." henry austin dobson
- Lifewithjohn: love comes unseen; we only see it go. - henry austin dobson
- Umadlpisani: “time goes, you say? ah, no! alas, time stays, we go.” henry austin dobson (laszlo moholy nagy)