Who is Gary BauerGary Lee Bauer (born May 4, 1946) is an American civil servant, activist, and former political candidate. He served in President Ronald Reagan's administration as Under Secretary of Education and Chief Domestic Policy Advisor, and later became president of the Family Research Council and a senior vice president of Focus on the Family, both conservative Christian organizations. Bauer was a candidate in the 2000 Republican Party presidential primaries and participated in five national debates. He is known for his advocacy of religious liberty, support for Israel, and his dedication to electing conservative candidates to Congress.
Currently, Bauer is president of the advocacy organization American Values. In May 2018, President Donald Trump appointed him to the United States Commissi...
Read Full Biography of Gary Bauer
Gary Bauer Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Gary Bauer
Gary Bauer Quotes
- Catholics and evangelicals need to remain allied, and in solidarity, against the increasingly aggressive secularism of our age.
- I have come to the conclusion that while a candidate's faith matters, what's most important is how he or she applies that faith.
- The question Americans should ask is not whether a candidate is affiliated with a particular faith but rather whether that candidate's faith makes it more likely he or she will support policies that align with their values.
- It's important to ask candidates about their beliefs, in part because politicians frequently exploit religious faith - often with the idea that voters will be more likely to unthinkingly accept certain political positions so long as they arise from religious belief.
- For the record, I believe elected officials should talk about faith. Our founders believed the moral principles of faith were indispensable to our nation's survival. The Declaration of Independence mentions God four times.
Comments about Gary BauerDrjamesdobsonft: gary bauer, senior vice president of public policy at the dr. james dobson family institute, shares that despite the opposing views within secular culture, our christian faith plays a significant role in the public square.
Drjamesdobsonft: listen to gary bauer’s “defending faith, family, and freedom” podcast from the dr. james dobson family institute today! tune in on any preferred platform, including google, apple podcasts, spotify, and stitcher. subscribe today:
Troymprice: when i was 18 i was a host at the spaghetti works. i enjoyed the ppl i worked with. i met wannabe presidents like gary bauer and dan quayle. but, the memory that sticks with me is when cockroaches fell out of the ceiling on to someone’s food.
Judyannaggie: gary bauer: bishops stand firm | the patriot post
Yonadav7: gary bauer: bishops stand firm | the patriot post
Read All Comments