Who is Felicia Dorothea Hemans
Felicia HemansBorn(1793-09-25)25 September 1793
Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Great BritainDied16 May 1835(1835-05-16) (aged 41)
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland, UK
Read Full Biography
Felicia Dorothea Hemans Poems
COME, gentle muse! now all is calm,
The dew descends, the air is balm;
Unruffled is the glassy deep,
While moon-beams o'er its bosom sleep; ...
- To A Younger Child
A Similar Occasion, 17 September, 1825.
Where sucks the bee now? Summer is flying; ...
- Paraphrase Of Psalm: Cxlviii
Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
PRAISE ye the Lord! on every height
Songs to his glory raise! ...
- Valkyriur Song
The Sea-king woke from the troubled sleep
Of a vision-haunted night,
And he look'd from his bark o'er the gloomy deep,
And counted the streaks of light; ...
The boy stood on the burning deck
Whence all but he had fled;
The flame that lit the battle's wreck
Shone round him o'er the dead. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Felicia Dorothea HemansBright 134 Light 119 Deep 114 Heart 111 Love 104 I Love You 104 Voice 100 High 95 Dark 93 Soul 86
Felicia Dorothea Hemans Quotes
Comments about Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- Historicwomens: felicia dorothea hemans, an english poet (who identified as welsh by adoption), by an unknown artist. two of her opening lines, "the boy stood on the burning deck" and "the stately homes of england", have acquired classic status.
- Brunyislandau: ⠀ tribes of the air! whose favored race may wander through the realms of space, ⠀ free guests of earth and sky; in form, in plumage, and in song, what gifts of nature mark your throng ⠀ with bright variety! ⠀ ⠀ —felicia dorothea hemans (1793 - 18…
- Elsamc1878: “but mark! what arch of varied hue from heaven to earth is bowed? haste, ere it vanish, haste to view the rainbow in the cloud …”—felicia dorothea hemans, ‘the rainbow’. the joy of seeing a rainbow today in liverpool and the thoughts of a poet born there in the 18th century.
- Rwvansant: happy thankgiving-have an old poem happy thankgiving-have an old poem felicia dorothea hemans, ‘the landing of the pilgrims’. the breaking waves dashed high,on a stern and rock-bound coast,and the woods against a stormy skytheir giant branches...
- Bataille76: 'casabianca, circa 1826' is a ballad meter by felicia dorothea hemans, 25 september 1793–16 may 1835: 'the boy stood on the burning deck', and is based on the battle of the nile, circa 1798, commemorating facts of the history.