Who is Felicia Dorothea Hemans
Felicia HemansBorn(1793-09-25)25 September 1793
Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Great BritainDied16 May 1835(1835-05-16) (aged 41)
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland, UK
Read Full Biography
Felicia Dorothea Hemans Poems
COME, gentle muse! now all is calm,
The dew descends, the air is balm;
Unruffled is the glassy deep,
While moon-beams o'er its bosom sleep; ...
- To A Younger Child
A Similar Occasion, 17 September, 1825.
Where sucks the bee now? Summer is flying; ...
- Paraphrase Of Psalm: Cxlviii
Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
PRAISE ye the Lord! on every height
Songs to his glory raise! ...
- Valkyriur Song
The Sea-king woke from the troubled sleep
Of a vision-haunted night,
And he look'd from his bark o'er the gloomy deep,
And counted the streaks of light; ...
The boy stood on the burning deck
Whence all but he had fled;
The flame that lit the battle's wreck
Shone round him o'er the dead. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Felicia Dorothea HemansBright 134 Light 119 Deep 114 Heart 111 Love 104 I Love You 104 Voice 100 High 95 Dark 93 Soul 86
Felicia Dorothea Hemans Quotes
Comments about Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- Peterdamianent1: casabianca felicia dorothea hemans - her poem commemorates a real event, the explosion of the french ship l'orient during the naval battle of aboukir bay, 1798. the boy stood on the burning deck, whence all but he had fled; the flame that lit...
- Johnlk_80: spidey is quoting here the 1826 poem "casabianca" by felicia dorothea hemans. apparently the poem was very frequently read in school through the 1950s.
- Gyanesh40399972: casabianca by felicia dorothea hemans: summary and analysis
- Lacallada_: few are the hearts whence one same touch bids the sweet fountains flow: few–and by still conflicting powers forbidden here to meet– such ties would make this life of ours too fair for aught so fleet. —felicia dorothea hemans
- Movie_details: in tinker, tailor, soldier, spy (2011): there's a brief recital of the poem "casabianca" by felicia dorothea hemans. by /u/gen alcazar