Who is Erma BombeckErma Louise Bombeck (née Fiste; February 21, 1927 – April 22, 1996) was an American humorist who achieved great popularity for her newspaper humor column describing suburban home life, syndicated from 1965 to 1996. She also published 15 books, most of which became bestsellers.
Between 1965 and April 17, 1996 – five days before her death – Bombeck wrote over 4,000 newspaper columns, using broad and sometimes eloquent humor, chronicling the ordinary life of a Midwestern suburban housewife. By the 1970s, her columns were read semi-weekly by 30 million readers of the 900 newspapers in the U.S. and Canada. Her work stands as a humorous chronicle of middle-class life in America after World War II, among the generation of parents who produced the Baby Boomers.
Read Full Biography of Erma Bombeck
Erma Bombeck Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Erma Bombeck
Erma Bombeck Quotes
- Youngsters of the age of two and three are endowed with extraordinary strength. They can lift a dog twice their own weight and dump him into the bathtub.
- Being a child at home alone in the summer is a high-risk occupation. If you call your mother at work thirteen times an hour, she can hurt you.
- A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday.
- Thanks to my mother, not a single cardboard box has found its way back into society. We receive gifts in boxes from stores that went out of business twenty years ago.
- Car designers are just going to have to come up with an automobile that outlasts the payments.
Comments about Erma BombeckValskjunq: 39. when i stand before god at the end of my life, i would hope that i would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, i used everything you gave me. –erma bombeck
Djsuban: 133. “given another shot at life, i would seize every minute of it … look at it and really see it … try it on … live it … exhaust it … and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it.” — erma bombeck
Twelvebot: why erma bombeck is now you've heard bad for elizabeth ii poses with over attacks on internet: cupertino, ca: goodyear satire
Matubara1263: “i come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” ~ erma bombeck
Camyiandino: “i come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” ~ erma bombeck
Read All Comments