Who is Edgar Lee MastersEdgar Lee MastersMasters as a young manBorn(1868-08-23)August 23, 1868
Garnett, Kansas, U.S.DiedMarch 5, 1950(1950-03-05) (aged 81)
Melrose Park, Pennsylvania, U.S.OccupationPoet, biographer, lawyerNotable awardsRobert Frost Medal (...
Read Full Biography
Edgar Lee Masters Poems
- Draw The Sword, O Republic!
By the blue sky of a clear vision,
And by the white light of a great illumination,
And by the blood-red of brotherhood,
Draw the sword, O Republic! ...
- The Coroner
Merival, of a mother fair and good,
A father sound in body and in mind,
Rich through three thousand acres left to him
By that same father dying, mother dead ...
- Soul's Desire
Her soul is like a wolf that stands
Where sunlight falls between the trees
Of a sparse forest's leafless edge,
When Spring's first magic moveth these. ...
- Sir Galahad
I met Hosea Job on Randolph Street
Who said to me: "I'm going for the train,
I want you with me."
- Henry Baker, At New York
One partner may consult another - James,
Here is a matter you must help me with,
It's coming to a head.
Top 10 most used topics by Edgar Lee MastersSoul 138 Life 113 Thought 97 Face 93 Great 88 Good 75 Place 75 River 71 Earth 69 Head 69
Edgar Lee Masters Quotes
- Genius is a bend in the creek where bright water has gathered, and which mirrors the trees, the sky and the banks. It just does that because it is there and the scenery is there. Talent is a fine mirror with a silver frame, with the name of the owner engraved on the back.
Comments about Edgar Lee Masters
- Atticesoterica: vintage first day of issue postage stamps, herman melville, moby dick, ernie pyle, world war ii, edgar lee masters, spoon river anthology
- Levistahl: elizabeth hardwick on carl sandburg (and his “declamatory bardic career”) and edgar lee masters.
- Gasotheatre: the countdown begins! edgar lee masters’ spoon river anthology will be streaming in a week! join us april 21st, and click the link below! visit:
- Egtrejos: ye young debaters over the doctrine of the soul's immortality i who lie here was the village atheist, talkative, contentious, versed in the arguments of the infidels. - edgar lee masters (1868-1950)
- Rosenagloria: free books were lovely guests. they were friendly, clean and respectful of my apartment. i would welcome them back any time and highly recommend them as guests. spoon river anthology (dover thrift editions) by edgar lee masters.