Who is Dwight D. EisenhowerDwight David "Ike" Eisenhower (born David Dwight Eisenhower; ; October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was an American military officer and statesman who served as the 34th president of the United States from 1953 to 1961. During World War II, he served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force in Europe, and achieved the five-star rank of General of the Army. He planned and supervised the invasion of North Africa in Operation Torch in 1942–1943 and the invasion of Normandy (D-Day) from the Western Front in 1944–1945.
Eisenhower was born into a large family of mostly Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry in Denison, Texas, and raised in Abilene, Kansas. His family had a strong religious background, and his mother became a Jehovah's Witness. Eisenhower, however, belonged to no ...
Read Full Biography of Dwight D. Eisenhower
Dwight D. Eisenhower Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Dwight D. Eisenhower
Dwight D. Eisenhower Quotes
- Few women, I fear, have had such reason as I have to think the long sad years of youth were worth living for the sake of middle age.
- Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
- Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.
- The best morale exist when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear a lot of talk about it, it's usually lousy.
- If the United Nations once admits that international disputes can be settled by using force, then we will have destroyed the foundation of the organization and our best hope of establishing a world order.