Who is Charles StanleyCharles Frazier Stanley (born September 25, 1932) is Pastor Emeritus of First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, having been senior pastor for 51 years. He is the founder and president of In Touch Ministries, which widely broadcasts his sermons through television and served two one-year terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention from 1984 to 1986. He has an evangelical and dispensationalist theology.
Contents Early life and education Stanley was born in Dry Fork, Virginia. His father, also named Charles, died nine months later. Stanley grew up in rural Dry Fork on the outskirts of...
Read Full Biography
Charles Stanley Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Charles Stanley
Charles Stanley Quotes
- We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.
- The time you spend alone with God will transform your character and increase your devotion. Then your integrity and godly behavior in an unbelieving world will make others long to know the Lord.
- Too many Christians have a commitment of convenience. They'll stay faithful as long as it's safe and doesn't involve risk, rejection, or criticism. Instead of standing alone in the face of challenge or temptation, they check to see which way their friends are going.
- The best way in the world to deceive believers is to cloak a message in religious language and declare that it conveys some new insight from God.
- When God speaks, oftentimes His voice will call for an act of courage on our part.