Who is Calvin CoolidgeCalvin Coolidge (born John Calvin Coolidge Jr.; /ˈkuːlɪdʒ/; July 4, 1872 – January 5, 1933) was an American politician and lawyer who served as the 30th president of the United States from 1923 to 1929. A Republican lawyer from New England, born in Vermont, Coolidge worked his way up the ladder of Massachusetts state politics, eventually becoming governor of Massachusetts. His response to the Boston Police Strike of 1919 thrust him into the national spotlight and gave him a reputation as a man of decisive action. The next year, he was elected the 29th vice president of the United States, and he succeeded to the presidency upon the sudden death of Warren G. Harding in 1923. Elected in his own right in 1924, he gained a reputation as a small-government conservative and also a...
Read Full Biography
Calvin Coolidge Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Calvin Coolidge
Calvin Coolidge Quotes
- Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
- No enterprise can exist for itself alone. It ministers to some great need, it performs some great service, not for itself, but for others or failing therein, it ceases to be profitable and ceases to exist.
- I have found it advisable not to give too much heed to what people say when I am trying to accomplish something of consequence. Invariably they proclaim it can't be done. I deem that the very best time to make the effort.
- After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world.
- Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.
Comments about Calvin Coolidge
- Maccabee_1948: either former president calvin coolidge who was once our mayor, abolitionist sorjourner truth who settled here (added stops 2 underground railroad) or sylvester graham (please don't google him, "he created graham cracker" that's it, *totally* not a weirdo...) a preacher here..
- Bygodkinggeorge: king george, it's calvin coolidge!!
- Quotebotproject: i have never been hurt by anything i didn't say. -- by calvin coolidge
- History_takes: i can't wait until dan carlin has dan carlin on his podcast. i think they would have a great discussion on how the seven years' war was silently daunting for calvin coolidge
- Bygodkinggeorge: that's john calvin coolidge, jr.'s music?!?