Who is Bruce SpringsteenBruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. He has released twenty studio albums, many of which feature his backing band the E Street Band. Originally from the Jersey Shore, he is one of the originators of the heartland rock style of music, combining mainstream rock musical style with narrative songs about working class American life. During a career that has spanned five decades, Springsteen has become known for his poetic, socially conscious lyrics and energetic stage performances, sometimes lasting up to four hours in length. He has been nicknamed "the Boss".
Springsteen released his first two albums, Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. and The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle in 1973, both o...
Read Full Biography
Bruce Springsteen Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen Quotes
- I was always concerned with writing to my age at a particular moment. That was the way I would keep faith with the audience that supported me as I went along.
- The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.
- For me, I was somebody who was a smart young guy who didn't do very well in school. The basic system of education, I didn't fit in my intelligence was elsewhere.
- My image had always been very heterosexual, very straight. So it was a nice experience for me, a chance to clarify my own feelings about gay and lesbian civil rights.
- Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.
Comments about Bruce Springsteen
- Haimsource: este with bruce springsteen
- G0ldfishbrain4: the problem with men today is that they’re not bruce springsteen
- Currentplaylist: 11:29 bruce springsteen - hungry heart
- Lynngirlstuff: bruce springsteen - mark twain prize for john steward
- Danie0003: "tougher than the rest" (multi-cam) - bruce springsteen la 3/19/2016