Who is Aung San Suu KyiAung San Suu Kyi (; Burmese: အောင်ဆန်းစုကြည်; MLCTS: aung hcan: cu. krany Burmese pronunciation: [àʊɰ̃ sʰáɰ̃ sṵ tɕì]; born 19 June 1945) is a Burmese politician, diplomat, author, and a 1991 Nobel Peace Prize laureate who served as State Counsellor of Myanmar (equivalent to a prime minister) and Minister of Foreign Affairs from 2016 to 2021. She has served as the chairperson of the National League for Democracy (NLD) since 2011, having been the general secretary from 1988 to 2011. She played a vital role in Myanmar's transition from military junta to partial democracy in the 2010s.
The youngest daughter of Aung San, Father of the Nation of modern-day Myanmar, and Khin Kyi, Aung San Suu Kyi was born in Rangoon, British Burma. After graduati...
Read Full Biography of Aung San Suu Kyi
Aung San Suu Kyi Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Aung San Suu Kyi
Aung San Suu Kyi Quotes
- It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.
- Human beings the world over need freedom and security that they may be able to realize their full potential.
- Freedom and democracy are dreams you never give up.
- Human beings want to be free and however long they may agree to stay locked up, to stay oppressed, there will come a time when they say 'That's it.' Suddenly they find themselves doing something that they never would have thought they would be doing, simply because of the human instinct that makes them turn their face towards freedom.
- If you can make people understand why freedom is so important through the arts, that would be a big help.
Comments about Aung San Suu KyiPhnompenhpost: asean’s foreign ministers renewed calls for intensified engagement with all conflicting parties in myanmar, as the crisis has dragged on just over two years since the military took power from the former civilian administration led by aung san suu kyi.
Kimroebuck: check out this great piece of art by kim roebuck featuring aung san suu kyi
Cassidy_0564: why aren't they focusing on making aung san suu kyi a leader ? myanmar is very closed to china
Cyberalgo: “war is not the only arena where peace is done to death.” —aung san suu kyi
Moniicagaller: the only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear. -aung san suu kyi
Read All Comments