Who is Ani DifrancoAngela Maria "Ani" DiFranco (; born September 23, 1970) is an American singer-songwriter. She has released more than 20 albums. DiFranco's music has been classified as folk rock and alternative rock, although it has additional influences from punk, funk, hip hop and jazz. She has released all her albums on her own record label, Righteous Babe.
DiFranco supports many social and political movements by performing benefit concerts, appearing on benefit albums and speaking at rallies. Through the Righteous Babe Foundation, DiFranco has backed grassroots cultural and political organizations supporting causes including abortion rights and LGBT visibility. She counts American folk singer and songwriter Pete Seeger among her mentors.DiFranco released a memoir, No Walls and the Recurring Dr...
Read Full Biography of Ani Difranco
Ani Difranco Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Ani Difranco
Ani Difranco Quotes
- I basically get stereotyped a lot in terms of being a girl and writing 'chick' music for teenage girls or something. I think, if anything, the press kind of, because of my gender and my age, tends to kind of relegate my work to this sort of special-interest group. It's part of the cultural dynamic, I guess.
- Men make angry music and it's called rock-and-roll women include anger in their vocabulary and suddenly they're angry and militant.
- I've been trying to learn how to not be so conflicted about things like my own anger. I've always had a place in my music for my anger as a way of compensating for not having a mechanism to express it in my everyday life. So I've been trying to be more true to myself, and that helps me to chill out a little bit. But politically, uh-uh. No.
- Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know I don't think its fair that I'm living for something I can't even define.
- Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV.
Comments about Ani DifrancoHank_x_hilliams: amazing that tank girl and ani difranco seem to have disappeared from the queer experience
Vilalice1: ani difranco at wilma theatre, missoula, mt, usa livestream 2023 watch here ▶
Audiopediaorg: my idea of feminism is self-determination, and it’s very open-ended: every woman has the right to become herself, and do whatever she needs to do. - ani difranco
Bbotfadeaway: today's autograph ani difranco
Kzyrsong1: playing disorders by stone gossard w/ ani difranco
Read All Comments