Who is Andy WarholAndy Warhol (; born Andrew Warhola Jr.; August 6, 1928 – February 22, 1987) was an American visual artist, film director, and producer who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. His works explore the relationship between artistic expression, advertising, and celebrity culture that flourished by the 1960s, and span a variety of media, including painting, silkscreening, photography, film, and sculpture. Some of his best-known works include the silkscreen paintings Campbell's Soup Cans (1962) and Marilyn Diptych (1962), the experimental films Empire (1964) and Chelsea Girls (1966), and the multimedia events known as the Exploding Plastic Inevitable (1966–67).
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Warhol initially pursued a successful career as a commercial ill...
Read Full Biography of Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol Quotes
- I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs.
- I had a lot of dates but I decided to stay home and dye my eyebrows.
- People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly.
- Fantasy love is much better than reality love. Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.
- Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
Comments about Andy WarholXyzpunk: heck yeah, rose punk crossed with andy warhol is great
Tcsmilllane: for this half term’s quest day, miss sowden’s class did some collage work to produce volcano art (inspired by andy warhol), created volcanic explosions by mixing different substances and made pompeii out of lego and k’nex! what a creative and explorative day.
Judechiadika: andy warhol once said, "in the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."(circa: 1966) in an era of viral tweets, viral tiktok videos, youtube etc, this statement has come through what you choose to do with people's "attention" when you have it, makes or breaks
Swimcharlieswim: left to right: pablo picasso, jean-michel basquiat, andy warhol and salvador dali.
Heghoulian: not many people know it was andy warhol who came up with the 15-minute city idea.
Read All Comments