Who is Andy WarholAndy Warhol (; born Andrew Warhola Jr.; August 6, 1928 – February 22, 1987) was an American visual artist, film director, and producer who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. His works explore the relationship between artistic expression, advertising, and celebrity culture that flourished by the 1960s, and span a variety of media, including painting, silkscreening, photography, film, and sculpture. Some of his best-known works include the silkscreen paintings Campbell's Soup Cans (1962) and Marilyn Diptych (1962), the experimental films Empire (1964) and Chelsea Girls (1966), and the multimedia events known as the Exploding Plastic Inevitable (1966–67).
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Warhol initially pursued a successful career as a commercial ill...
Read Full Biography of Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol Quotes
- I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs.
- I had a lot of dates but I decided to stay home and dye my eyebrows.
- People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly.
- Fantasy love is much better than reality love. Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.
- Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
Comments about Andy WarholNortinabahr: ppl who only know campbell soup and marilyn monroe are saying andy warhol would've used ai bc he is lazy. here's some work i like maybe use it to form your own arguments
Iamstevenmorse: don't think about making art, just get it done. let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. while they are deciding, make even more art. andy warhol
Interviewmag: amid the chaos of a revived sundance, our photographer myles pettengill was waiting for the stars with his camera and a bunch of questions taken from the writings of andy warhol.
I_d: legendary editor bob colacello photographed the original nepo babies for andy warhol.
Mikgerri: andy warhol · the witch
Read All Comments