Who is Andrew WeilAndrew Thomas Weil (/waɪl/, born June 8, 1942) is an American celebrity doctor who advocates for alternative medicine.
Weil became interested in the ideas and practices of complementary and alternative medicine, and went on to play a seminal role in codifying and establishing the emerging field of integrative medicine, which aims to combine alternative medicine, conventional evidence-based medicine, and other practices into a higher-order "system of systems" to address human healing via action in multiple "dimensions" (biological, psychological, sociological, and spiritual).
In 1994, Weil founded and has since directed the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, today the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona in Tucson. As...
Read Full Biography
Andrew Weil Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Andrew Weil
Andrew Weil Quotes
- As an American, you have a right to good health care that is effective, accessible, and affordable, that serves you from infancy through old age, that allows you to go to practitioners and facilities of your choosing, and that offers a broad range of therapeutic options.
- Low levels of vitamin D in the population as a whole suggest that most people need to take a vitamin D supplement. This may be especially true for seniors, as the ability to synthesize vitamin D in the skin declines with age.
- Gardening is not trivial. If you believe that it is, closely examine why you feel that way. You may discover that this attitude has been forced upon you by mass media and the crass culture it creates and maintains. The fact is, gardening is just the opposite - it is, or should be, a central, basic expression of human life.
- A beautiful bouquet or a long-lasting flowering plant is a traditional gift for women, but I have recommended that both men and women keep fresh flowers in the home for their beauty, fragrance, and the lift they give our spirits.
- I have argued for years that we do not have a health care system in America. We have a disease-management system - one that depends on ruinously expensive drugs and surgeries that treat health conditions after they manifest rather than giving our citizens simple diet, lifestyle and therapeutic tools to keep them healthy.
Comments about Andrew Weil
- Jenniferlinn17: dr andrew weil if you don't know this guy....look him up i've.known about him for decades. he combines alternative medicine with conventional, but does lean towards alternative
- Rhonda65745115: passionflower | herbal remedies | andrew weil, m.d.
- Michell06017336: andrew weil center for integrative medicine offers a cooking demonstration.
- Yaseminwang: [epub] healthy aging by andrew weil, m.d.
- Calmareregion: andrew weil once said, “massage therapy has been shown to relieve depression, especially in people who have chronic fatigue syndrome; other studies also suggest benefit for other populations.”