Who is Amy WinehouseAmy Jade Winehouse (14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011) was an English singer and songwriter. She was known for her deep, expressive contralto vocals and her eclectic mix of musical genres, including soul, rhythm and blues and jazz.
A member of the National Youth Jazz Orchestra during her youth, Winehouse signed to Simon Fuller's 19 Management in 2002 and soon recorded a number of songs before signing a publishing deal with EMI. She also formed a working relationship with producer Salaam Remi through these record publishers. Winehouse's debut album, Frank, was released in 2003. Many of the album's songs were influenced by jazz and, apart from two covers, were co-written by Winehouse. Frank was a critical success in the UK and was nominated for the Mercury Prize. The son...
Read Full Biography
Amy Winehouse Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Amy Winehouse
Amy Winehouse Quotes
- My justification is that most people my age spend a lot of time thinking about what they're going to do for the next five or ten years. The time they spend thinking about their life, I just spend drinking.
- I don't think I'm such an amazing person who needs to be written about.
- I don't think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It's to do with how much anger is in you.
- I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home.
- I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing. I was put here to be a wife and a mom and look after my family. I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends.
Comments about Amy Winehouse
- Imusicbuzz: “if i heard someone else singing like me, i would buy it in a heartbeat.” - amy winehouse
- Imusicbuzz: “it’s just my music. that’s the one area in my life where i can hold my head up and say, ‘no one can touch me.’ ’cos no one can touch me!” – amy winehouse
- Ttahina___: amo mucho a amy winehouse
- Scadatlplaylist: just played: amy winehouse - valerie ['68 version] (lioness: hidden treasures)
- Rapstardestiny: “it’s just my music. that’s the one area in my life where i can hold my head up and say, ‘no one can touch me.’ ’cos no one can touch me!” – amy winehouse