Who is Alexander Sergeyevich PushkinAlexander Sergeyevich Pushkin (English: /ˈpʊʃkɪn/; Russian: Александр Сергеевич Пушкин[note 1], tr. Aleksándr Sergéyevich Púshkin, IPA: [ɐlʲɪˈksandr sʲɪrˈɡʲe(j)ɪvʲɪtɕ ˈpuʂkʲɪn] (listen); 6 June [O.S. 26 May] 1799 – 10 February [O.S. 29 January] 1837) was a Russian poet, playwright, and novelist of the Romantic era who is considered by many to be the greatest Russian poet and the founder of modern Russian literature.
Pushkin was born into Russian nobility in Mosc...
Read Full Biography
Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin Poems
- To... (kern)
I still recall the wondrous moment
When you appeared before my eyes,
Just like a fleeting apparition,
Just like pure beauty's distillation. ...
- I Love Thee
I loved thee; and perchance until this moment
Within my breast is smouldering still the fire!
Yet I would spare thy pain the least renewal,
Nothing shall rouse again the old desire! ...
- On Count Voronstov
One half Milord, one half in trade,
One half a sage, one half a dunce,
One half a crook, but here for once
There's every hope he'll make the grade....
You saw perched on a cliff a maid,
Her raiment white above the breakers,
When the mad sea reared up and played
Its whips of spray on coastal acres ...
- The Bakchesarian Fountain
A TALE OF THE TAURIDE.
Mute sat Giray, with downcast eye,
As though some spell in sorrow bound him,
His slavish courtiers thronging nigh, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Alexander Sergeyevich PushkinI Love You 36 Love 36 Heart 25 Night 20 Life 19 Soul 18 Dark 18 Sweet 18 Long 15 Alone 15
Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin Quotes
Comments about Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Puschk: alexander pushkin. reference:
- Sochangane: so it is with sweet regret that upon my shoulders this cross i bear, to shed light upon an illuminated figure. one of the great alexandra’s in history alexander sergeyevich pushkin
- Alex_andropulos: in mukachevo, a monument to alexander sergeyevich pushkin was dismantled, as well as a plaque from the building of the school that bore his name
- Realcarlprince: ethiopian in european literature "alexander sergeyevich pushkin was a russian poet, playwright, and novelist of the romantic era. he is considered by many to be the greatest russian poet and the founder of modern russian literature."
- Iforumkenya: "...and silence visits the disloyal watchman, to drop the drawbridge at midnight season, in secret gloom the gate unbarred by hired hands of mercenary treason." alexander sergeyevich pushkin