Who is Albert SchweitzerLudwig Philipp Albert Schweitzer (German: [ˈalbɛʁt ˈʃvaɪ̯t͡sɐ] (listen); 14 January 1875 – 4 September 1965) was an Alsatian-German/French polymath. He was a theologian, organist, musicologist, writer, humanitarian, philosopher, and physician. A Lutheran minister, Schweitzer challenged both the secular view of Jesus as depicted by the historical-critical method current at this time, as well as the traditional Christian view. His contributions to the interpretation of Pauline Christianity concern the role of Paul's mysticism of "being in Christ" as primary and the doctrine of Justification by Faith as secondary.
Read Full Biography of Albert Schweitzer
Albert Schweitzer Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Albert Schweitzer
Albert Schweitzer Quotes
- Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me.
- Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will - his personal responsibility in the realm of faith and morals.
- In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
- By having a reverence for life, we enter into a spiritual relation with the world By practicing reverence for life we become good, deep, and alive.
Comments about Albert SchweitzerJaggersq93: “success is not the key to happiness. happiness is the key to success. if you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”- albert schweitzer
Jasamqroosh0: “the purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.” –albert schweitzer
Candyfrank8: example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing. - albert schweitzer
Gayatriinayah: “success is not the key to happiness. happiness is the key to success. if you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”- albert schweitzer
Quotestoolbox: one who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity. albert schweitzer 230327
Read All Comments