Who is Abraham MaslowAbraham Harold Maslow (; April 1, 1908 – June 8, 1970) was an American psychologist who was best known for creating Maslow's hierarchy of needs, a theory of psychological health predicated on fulfilling innate human needs in priority, culminating in self-actualization. Maslow was a psychology professor at Brandeis University, Brooklyn College, New School for Social Research, and Columbia University. He stressed the importance of focusing on the positive qualities in people, as opposed to treating them as a "bag of symptoms". A Review of General Psychology survey, published in 2002, ranked Maslow as the tenth most cited psychologist of the 20th century.
Born in 1908 and raised in Brooklyn, New York, Maslow was the oldest of seven ch...
Read Full Biography of Abraham Maslow
Abraham Maslow Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Abraham Maslow
Abraham Maslow Quotes
- What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself.
- But behavior in the human being is sometimes a defense, a way of concealing motives and thoughts, as language can be a way of hiding your thoughts and preventing communication.
- One's only rival is one's own potentialities. One's only failure is failing to live up to one's own possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king, and must therefore be treated like a king.
- We fear to know the fearsome and unsavory aspects of ourselves, but we fear even more to know the godlike in ourselves.
- The fact is that people are good, Give people affection and security, and they will give affection and be secure in their feelings and their behavior.
Comments about Abraham MaslowIdrisdurgun128: “the fact is that people are good, give people affection and security, and they will give affection and be secure in their feelings and their behavior.” –abraham maslow
Simplyfun: “almost all creativity involves purposeful play.” ~ abraham maslow
Meowimagebot: if you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. - abraham maslow
Samuelcwhart: “one can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” - abraham maslow
Bogame7355: “the fact is that people are good, give people affection and security, and they will give affection and be secure in their feelings and their behavior.” –abraham maslow
Read All Comments