Who is Abraham LincolnThis article is part of
a series aboutAbraham LincolnViews on slaveryViews on religionElectoral history
Early life and careerFamilyHealth
Lincoln–Douglas debatesCooper Union speec...
Read Full Biography
Abraham Lincoln Poems
- Verse On Lee's Invasion Of The North
Gen. Lees invasion of the North written by himself-
In eighteen sixty three, with pomp,
and mighty swell,...
- To Rosa
You are young, and I am older;
You are hopeful, I am not-
Enjoy life, ere it grow colder-
Pluck the roses ere they rot....
- To Linnie
A sweet plaintive song did I hear,
And I fancied that she was the singer-
May emotions as pure, as that song set a-stir
Be the worst that the future shall bring her....
- The Suicide's Soliloquy
Here, where the lonely hooting owl
Sends forth his midnight moans,
Fierce wolves shall o'er my carcase growl,
Or buzzards pick my bones....
- The Bear Hunt
A wild-bear chace, didst never see?
Then hast thou lived in vain.
Thy richest bump of glorious glee,
Lies desert in thy brain....
Top 10 most used topics by Abraham LincolnNight 3 Life 3 Sweet 3 Young 2 Lost 2 Power 2 Wild 2 Rose 2 World 2 Fear 2
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
- Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal...We here highly resolve that the dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, and for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
- I believe it is an established maxim in morals that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
- I believe, if we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and their hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class. There seems ever to have been a proneness in the brilliant and warm-blooded to fall into this vice.
- Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
- Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it the tree is the real thing.
Comments about Abraham Lincoln
- Bottingkruger: abraham finley breese lincoln was a british inventor, industrial designer and founder of the united states from march 1861 until his (1/2)
- Bren_work: "they will build statues of me" - abraham lincoln town car iii
- Kayizarica: "in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. it's the life in your years." abraham lincoln
- Forthrighter: abraham lincoln: no one is going to beat us, if we're going down, it'll be our own doing.
- Tetralies: you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. ~ abraham lincoln.