410. Ride To Kandahar Then we brought the lances down--then the trumpets blew--
When we went to Kandahar, ridin' two an' two.Ridin'--ridin'--ridin' two an' two!
411. The Spring Running Man goes to Man! Cry the challenge through the Jungle!
He that was our Brother goes away.Hear, now, and judge, O ye People of the Jungle--
412. The Feet Of The Young Men Now the Four-way Lodge is opened, now the Hunting Winds are loose --
Now the Smokes of Spring go up to clear the brain;Now the Young Men's hearts are troubled for the whisper of the Trues,
422. Mulholland's Contract The fear was on the cattle, for the gale was on the sea,
An' the pens broke up on the lower deck an' let the creatures free --An' the lights went out on the lower deck, an' no one near but me.
423. The Bronckhurst Divorce Case In the daytime, when she moved about me,
In the night, when she was sleeping at my side, --I was wearied, I was wearied of her presence.
429. Mine-sweepers Dawn off the Foreland -- the young flood making
Jumbled and short and steep -- Black in the hollows and bright where it's breaking --
430. Kaa-s Hunting His spots are the joy of the Leopard: his horns are the Buffalo-s pride.
Be clean, for the strength of the hunter is known by the gloss of his hide.If ye find that the bullock can toss you, or the heavy-browed Sambhur can gore;
431. Route Marchin' We're marchin' on relief over Injia's sunny plains,
A little front o' Christmas-time an' just be'ind the Rains;Ho! get away you bullock-man, you've 'eard the bugle blowed,
432. The Betrothed "You must choose between me and your cigar."
-- BREACH OF PROMISE CASE, CIRCA 1885.
433. The Fires Men make them fires on the hearth
Each under his roof-tree,And the Four Winds that rule the earth
434. Screw-guns Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin' cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
435. Buddha At Kamakura Oye who treated the Narrow Way
By Tophet-flare to Judgment Day,Be gentle when "the heathen" pray