56. Twell De Night Is Pas' ALL de night long twell de moon goes down,
Lovin' I set at huh feet,
Den fu' de long jou'ney back f'om de town,
57. Toast To Dayton Love of home, sublimest passion
That the human heart can know!
Changeless still, though fate and fashion
58. At Candle-lightin' Time When I come in f'om de co'n-fiel' aftah wo'kin' ha'd all day,
It 's amazin' nice to fin' my suppah all erpon de way;
An' it 's nice to smell de coffee bubblin' ovah in de pot,
59. What's The Use WHAT'S the use o' folks a-frownin'
When the way's a little rough?
Frowns lay out the road fur smilin'
60. A Sailor's Song Oh for the breath of the briny deep,
And the tug of the bellying sail,
With the sea-gull's cry across the sky
61. L'envoi Oh, awful Power whose works repel
The marvel of the earth's designs,--I 'll hie me otherwhere to dwell,
62. Growin' Gray HELLO, ole man, you're a-gittin' gray,
An' it beats ole Ned to see the way'At the crow's feet's a-getherin' aroun' yore eyes;
63. Winter Song OH, who would be sad tho' the sky be a-graying,
And meadow and woodlands are empty and bare;For softly and merrily now there come playing,
85. The Fisher Child's Lullaby THE wind is out in its rage to-night,
And your father is far at sea.The rime on the window is hard and white
86. When Dey 'listed Colored Soldiers Dey was talkin' in de cabin, dey was talkin' in de hall;
But I listened kin' o' keerless, not a-t'inkin' 'bout it all;An' on Sunday, too, I noticed, dey was whisp' rin' mighty much
87. Love's Chastening Once Love grew bold and arrogant of air,
Proud of the youth that made him fresh and fair;So unto Grief he spake, 'What right hast thou
88. Love's Seasons When the bees are humming in the honeysuckle vine
And the summer days are in their bloom,Then my love is deepest, oh, dearest heart of mine,
90. The Spellin'-bee I NEVER shall furgit that night when father hitched up Dobbin,
An' all us youngsters clambered in an' down the road went bobbin'To school where we was kep' at work in every kind o' weather,
91. Why Fades A Dream WHY fades a dream?
An iridescent rayFlecked in between the tryst